Friday, March 24, 2006

IIS logfile rotation is pretty decent these days but archiving is, as far as I know still non-existent. IISFAQ has something in Article 141
but I think that's rather rudimentary.
My linux box already came with cron preset to take care of all this.
Today I wrote a rather crude batch file that looks at the date, gets the previous month from it and copies log files from that month. I needed that to get input to be processed by WebLog Expert but this could be easily modified to zip last month's logs and then delete the originals.
I need to polish the code a bit. When I'm done with it I'll post it here.
Won't be soon because next week I'll be on vacation.

3 comments:

Back linker said...

Took me technology to entre all of the observations, however I absolutely loved the article. It proved to be Very cordial to me and i am unconditional to all the commenters here! Its constantly clean whilst you can't on your own be informed, however with entertained! Avast Driver Updater Crack

zscracked said...

I like all the things you put it in the site.
Ytd Video Downloader Crack

Videoscribe Crack

Ashampoo Backup Crack

Cleanmymac X Crack

Mudassara Shahzad said...


I'm pleased by your site and writing talents, as well as the blog's design.
BlueStacks