Monday, March 26, 2007


Today I've sold my old Nikon 28-80 f3.5-5.6 AF-D zoom lens. It' going to a photographer on the beautiful isle of Corsica.

It's been with me ever since I bought it with a F60 a few years ago. I kept it when I switched from the F60 to the D50. It's been my favourite lens for portraits and daytrips to the Zoo and places like that. Don't let the whole "yeah but the crop factor makes it a 42-120" story fool you. For my style it was a good lens and it may be for you as well. Mine sold for 31 euros on ebay. That money buys you a plastic-fantastic construction with a truly amazing performance!

If you are in the market for a lens like this don't get fooled by the later G-type. Nothing much wrong with it but it's nowhere near as nice and sharp as this one. Just remember that the front element is really exposed so you'd have to use a hood. I've always used a universal 58mm rubber hood but you could use the HB-20 if you feel inclined to go all Nikon.


Here's a few of my favourite pics taken with this lens, most of these are straight out of the D50.


DSC_0443



DSC_0111



Tree in Mordor



sinterklaas_klein

No comments: