Tuesday, April 24, 2007


Pregnant shrimp!

Yes, one of my beeshrimp (Caridina serrata) is pregnant!
Picture isn't that great but you can clearly see about 2 dozen eggs under her belly.

I bought 5 of these lovely little shrimp when I redid my aquarium. I've had 'm for about 6 weeks now and this is the first pregancy I've spotted. According to the experts at petshrimp this species isn't very easy to breed so I must be doing something right.
I'm going to put some mesh in front of the filter intake to try and prevent any young from ending in there. I may add another shell for extra shelter and will feed the fish in my community tank extra, perhaps a few young will make it.

Here's a pic of my tank, a Jewel Rekord 70. at 70 liters or about 18 gallons it's not that big but I like it.

No comments: