Sunday, May 10, 2009

What's horizontal?


base player
Originally uploaded by j_wijnands.
One of my pet peeves in photo processing is pictures that are a few degrees short of proper horizontal or vertical.

When I used photoshop as my main editing tool I used ptlens to correct this. In Capture NX it's build in. These tools tend to work by the user (that's me) identifying a straight line. Usually works great.

However, in situations like these it can pose problems. The building is 400+ years old and the window isn't very straight any more. The base player? I doubt it, he was pretty mobile and enjoying his music. An object on the ground? Again, doubtfull, the ground wasn't perfectly level.

In the end I fiddled with it, rotated it about 3 degrees counterclockwise and left it at that.

No comments: