Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to shooting deer

Or, sometimes it comes together. After my earlier success I did something really well when I came back from vacation and did my first sanity walk.

First I met this big fallow, ehh, fellow:

fallow male

Exposure 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 300 mm
ISO Speed 1600


And a few minutes later this nice roe deer male came out of the undergrowth, stood there looking at me and continued it's way.

roe male

Exposure 0.013 sec (1/80)
Aperture f/5.6
Focal Length 300 mm
ISO Speed 400


It's these things that the 70-300 VR does very well on the D300. Not too small, not too far away. I am quite proud of these. The fallow deer stands out well from the background and the roe is so typical for the way you often see this species.

No comments: