Monday, May 14, 2012

4.5 liter / 1 gallon planted tank day 2

Using the chopsticks I planted some left over plants and cuttings to see what would work and what won't work.


I've got the lid on it on a few spacers to allow for gas exchange.

What's in here:
  • Fontinalis antipyretica (willow moss)
  • Pogostemon Helferi
  • Anubias Nana
  • Cabomba aquatica
  • Hygrophila Polysperma
  • two unidentified plants

I've lodged the cambomba and the willow moss under a pebble, see if it will take root

After an hour or so of sunlight the willow moss was really pumping out the oxygen. I've kept a close eye on the thermometer, it topped out at 27 degrees C.

Once again, this isn't intended to look nice (yet) but to gain experience, see what will work and what will not.

Todo for the next week
  • Daily temperature readings
  • Keeping an eye out for algae
  • See how many snails I've accidently transfered
  • Syphon away the pieces of dirt that some escaped and mess up the looks of the sand.
Apart from this I'm going to leave it alone, take pictures and see what happens.

No comments: