Monday, October 29, 2012

my new aquarium a Juwel Rio 125, part 4

Saturday the last plants were planted.  Sunday evening I transplanted the Windelov fern. Also the bacteria transplant seems to take, the water is noticeably clearer now.



Visible here in the back is that crypt I bought yesterday. Stems are very dark with a slight reddish tint.  Funny enough in more that 20 years of aquarium keeping this is my first crypt. In the foreground is echinodorus latifolius.


I got this wendelov in the spring in a sorry state and didn't know what to do with it so I stuck it in on the edge of the anubias patch. Since then it has recovered tremendously and even managed to create some off shoots. I tied the smaller plants to the wood and stuck the big one in a hole in the wood.

I also introduced a few shrimps and snails. They seem to be doing ok. Way things are going now I think I can start moving in a week or two.






No comments: